Rogg Dogg Blogg posts

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Petrol - fuel for dogs

Is your dog THIRSTY this summer?
Boomer (l) and Mlli (r) lap it up!
Might want to give him or her something a little "stronger" than plain old H-2-O -- how about Petrol for dogs?

I stumbled across this site a few months ago, was intrigued (by the product and the clean look of the site) so I promptly ordered some for my darlings and a couple of gifts baskets for doggie friends of mine.

I didn't order much .. the stuff is expensive! On the website you can buy 12 cans for $36 - at least there is free shipping at that quantity. The two-can trial with travel bag was only $12 but I had to pay shipping to send them to my friends, so it wasn't much of a bargain.

The taste test? Mixed reviews:My friends' dogs turned up their little noses at the stuff, but mine lapped it up like there was no tomorrow.
Rogg Dog Rating: FOUR PAWS


Honestly, aside from a gorgeous red pop-top can and a few vitamins, there's not much to recommend Petrol fuel for dogs. Except that sometimes I want my little guys drinking extra liquid (like this summer during 105-degree days). And little Milli needs a lot of fluid to keep her damaged kidneys flushed out.
Petrol comes in 12 oz cans

Petrol Fuel for Dogs ingredients:
(from their website)


Reverse Osmosis Water, Natural Flavoring,Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Niacin, Biotin, L-Carnitine.
Minimum Guaranteed Analysis Per 12 oz. (355ml)


* Vitamin B1 (thiamin): .11 mg
* Vitamin B2 (riboflavin): .23 mg
* Niacin: 1.2 mg
* Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine): .11 mg
* Biotin:* .01 mg
* L-Carnitine:* 7.26 mg


*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles
Calorie Content (Calculated)  21 kcal ME/Liter; 8 kcal/12 oz.

Petrol Fuel for Dogs isn't widely available yet, but I did see it at a local specialty pet store last week, so expect to hear lots more about it. The store was selling it for $3.85 a can, so it is cheaper to order it from the website if your dogs like it.

My verdict? I plan to keep a few cans on hand and use it sparingly. It's a good treat for a hot summer afternoon and I feel good about providing a little extra boost of nutrition.

No comments:

Post a Comment